Set As Your Home Page

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tamil cinema scores at the National Film Awards

national-film-awards-tamil-cinema-07-03-12Cinemimi [Thursday, March 08, 2012]
national-film-awards-tamil-cinema-07-03-12
Tamil cinema made its imprint this year also at the 59th National Film Awards. Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai, directed by Suseenthiran won the best entertaining film award. The film, a mystery drama was based on a short story of the same name penned by writer Bhaskar Sakthi. The film’s hero Appukutty won the best supporting actor award. Praveen KL, editor of Aaranya Kaandam won the award for the best editor. The film, an action thriller, was written and directed by Thiagarajan Kumararaja, who won the Indira Gandhi award for debut film director. The Sarkunam directed romantic comedy Vaagai Sooda Vaa won the best Tamil film award.

Actress and director Revathy won the award for the best non-feature film on family values for her directorial venture Red Building Where the Sun sets.

An excited Suseenthiran, who was in Trichy spoke to Behindwoods.com and said that he is very happy that the film won in the entertainment category. “I was expecting an award for the story, and not for the film. My happiness is doubled as Appukutty won the supporting actor award. The whole team feels elated and honored and I am thankful to producer of the film Madan,” he added.

Praveen, who is away in Coimbatore says that the award was unexpected. “I know that two of my films were in the race and I am happy that I made it. I am very thankful to Charan, the producer of the film and I am happy that I could deliver what the director had asked for,” he said.

0 comments:

 
Photography Templates | Slideshow Software