Set As Your Home Page

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rajinikanth's Endhiran charged with plagiarism

Chennai, Oct 26 : Police are investigating if Rajinikanth-starred 'Endhiran' had violated the copy rights act after a novelist claimed so, the Chennai police said on Tuesday. The Tamil novelist, Aarur Tamil Nadan alias Amutha Tamil Nadan, had called the city Police Commissioner T Rajendran and lodged a complaint against the director and the producer of 'Endhiran' , alleging they violated the copy rights act by stealing the story idea of the blockbuster movie.
The writer, who is also the deputy news editor of Tamil magazine, "Nakeeran", alleged the story of the movie was stolen from his novel 'Jugiba', published in a magazine in 1996.
The complainant, accompanied by his lawyers, on Monday submitted the written allegation to the police chief. "I had written a novel 'Jugiba' in a magazine called 'Iniya Udhayam' , in 1996. My novel was repeated in 'Dhik Dhik Dheepika' magazine in 2007 with my permission . Director Shankar and producer Kalanithi Maran stole the raw story from my novel and added ingredients to the movie like songs, fights and graphics. Many of my friends and relatives informed me about the movie.I have sent a legal notice to director Shankar and producer Kalanithi Maran. As I did not get any response from them, I have now approached the city police commissioner," the complainant told media people. Police said they would not comment anything on the issue as the department officials had been in consultation with appropriate authorities, including the judicial officials.

0 comments:

 
Photography Templates | Slideshow Software